So you want to save the day and be known as a career hero? Does defeating the most challenging feats inspire you? Does the thought of being the go-to-guru keep you up at night?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above, you might just have the drive it takes to be a career hero. A career hero is a critical and valuable person that provides support to others in an unselfish way. Having a reputation for a crucial problem solver not only wins you major career points, your job security is like as strong as iron.
25 Ways to Have Job Security and be known as a Career Super Hero
- Never let coffee run low at work.
- Take super complicated e-mails and transform them into easy to understand how-to guides for your peers.
- Keep an extra can of spray deodorant for a stinky victim.
- Have a roll of quarters in your desk, loose change always finds its value at some point.
- Offer to order products for others using your Amazon Prime account (they just use their card at the payment screen).
- Offer to pick up everyone’s favorite candy once a month, keep it on your desk to keep up with your networking skills.
- Learn Spanish; even conversational- it comes in handy often.
- Know how to fix a paper jam in a printer.
- Clean everyone’s monitor with electric safe wipes one morning.
- Write thank you cards to individuals for small acts of kindness.
- Listen to others carefully, offer solutions, and pass no judgment.
- Always keep a big pack of gum in your desk.
- A secret stash of headache medicine will earn you major points when needed.
- Bring in a healthy snack on a consistent day each week; share your recipe by printing it out.
- Keep a Tide whitening pen at your desk.
- Understand how to input your office e-mail settings into a smartphone or tablet.
- Send a text reminder 30 minutes before team meetings and conference calls to your peers.
- Scrape everyone’s windshield when it snows.
- Not only be the top performer, share all of your best practices in as many ways possible.
- Install Pandora on someone’s smartphone; lend/donate a set of cheap headphones to top off the deed.
- Setup a rotation system for buying lunch without making it a hassle every day. Use e-mail or a list on the fridge for others to decide daily if they want to contribute.
- Constantly dig for best practices from others on simplifying company procedures and policies, share them with everyone.
- Fully understand your leader’s goals and objectives so you can help support those who have a difficult time.
- Setup office parties and employee functions on a consistent basis to keep morale high.
- Respect and value each employee, tell them often.
It was fun to come up with the list, many of these items I have tried in the past and have worked very well. The point of the exercise is to pick out a few and implement them here and there. These are great ways to show your team you truly care about them.
Michael Dooleyleaderdevelopmentblog.com T-https://twitter.com/MdooleyBlog F-https://www.facebook.com/leaderdevelopmentblog
What do you think about the lists of 25 Ways to Have Job Security and be known as a Career Super Hero? What suggestions do you have?
- avoid being fired
- Be loved at work
- career advancement
- decision making
- ear wax
- extra mile
- get promoted
- great ideas for leadership development
- How to be an office super hero
- how to develop a team
- How to develop others
- how to increase employee performance
- How to invaluable at your job
- how to lead
- job security
- leadership inspiration project
- leadership qualities
- leadership skills
- skill development
- Stand out at your job
- tips for job security