the power behind em(power)ment
Empowerment can be one of the most powerful tools to help others through difficult times or to make others feel valued. To get the most out of this assignement, think hard about your leader saying the following 9 impactful phrases to you, how does it make you feel?
We all yearn for feedback, its why we often ask for it rather than waiting for others to give it openly. I firmly believe there is not enough empowerment in our lives, both receiving and giving. The majority of my confidence as a leader comes from a select few people that made me feel valued and special.
Whethere you excersise these phrases in your person life, or career, I promise that their impact if far beyond what we imagine. Phrases of appreciation and empowerment stick with others for a longtime. Most of the praise leaders receive happen years after employees no longer have that working relationship.The most impactful leaders are the ones that know how to hold others accountable, but never shy on making others feel excellent as well.
- 1. I appreciate you, thank you for everything you do.
- 2. I believe in you, what you do makes me realize you are capable of anything.
- 3. I trust you, when I come to you I know that I can be open about things.
- 4. You inspire me, I often see you do things that makes me want to learn and grow to be as accomplished as yourself.
- 5. I feel confident when you are around, when I know you are present I feel that we can achieve anything.
- 6. I need you, without you I would be lost; the value you bring is beyond words.
- 7. I am dedicated to you, anything you need I want you to tell me, I am dedicated to making your goals reality.
- 8. I challenge you, you’ve shown excellence time over time, I want to constantly push your development by challenging you to the next level of greatness.
- 9. I empower you, you are empowered to make your own decisions, I know that you will make the right ones and trust you to achieve anything.
I hope these phrases (with your own true spin) make it into the ears of people you work/live with daily. Feel free to share with me your own thoughts, and what difference you made today.